The commitment when you join a project depends on the role you will play. Several types of participation role exist and are outlined below:
Project Team Lead (For more on Team Leaders, see: Team/Project Leader Role):
- Ensure project is developed in line with TM Forum IPR policy
- Encourage all participants to take an active role in the project
- Ensure participants have a clear understanding of what they need to complete and when
- Drive the project team for on time delivery
- Lead the design, planning and execution validation activities
- Identify key companies required to position for industry adoption
To get started with leadership positions within a collaborative project, we recommend that you begin by taking on the role of Workstream lead. In this role, you will drive a workstream of a project, encouraging active participation as well as leading the design and execution of validation activities for the workstream. This helps you build experience in leading part of a collaborative project and is a good way to meet and work with the other project participants.
For more on Team Leaders, see: Team/Project Leader Role
Where can I find TM Forum templates for deliverables?