Details below PER STAGE contain the following:
A. Informational - Stage definition, Timing, Tools, Links, Member Engagement
B. Input Related - Trigger to Start, Project Input Artifacts, Frameworx Input
C. Process Related - Project Process, Frameworx Process, Disruptive Work Elements Process, Checklist, Actors
D. Output Related - Output Artifacts, Trigger to end, End-of-stage checkpoint
|Stages I and II are sequential: in waterfall mode||Stages III-VI are iterative: in agile mode||Stage may occur after each iteration or completion of full charter|
Idea Generation / Concept Validation
Detailed Scoping & Resource Procurement
|Definition||Gather industry ideas and validate to ensure the ideas captured are the most pertinent to the industry|
• Charter Development or renewal
• Frameworx Impacts assessments
• Iterative Delivery plan (2-6 mths each) per Workstream
• Frameworx Requirements
• Iteration/ prototype development for workstream
• Frameworx Build
Rapid Validation / Feedback Activities
|Drive adoption across industry.|
|Timing||• Usually Sept-Nov|
• Anytime if not synchronized with bi-annual planning cycle
|• Usually Nov - Dec OR Jun-Jul (if synchronized with bi-annual planning cycle)||• Usually Dec-Feb OR Jul - Aug (if synchronized with bi-annual planning cycle)||• Usually Feb-Apr OR Aug-Oct (if synchronized with bi-annual planning cycle)||• Usually Apr OR Oct (if synchronized with bi-annual planning cycle)||• Usually May-Jun - Nice OR Nov-Dec - Digital Disruption (if synchronized with bi-annual planning cycle)|
|Tools||• Strategy Workshop September (Attendees include Board members, Executive Committee members and senior staff.) |
|Online Collaboration Project Space, Charter Working Space (template in Confluence), Team Meetings||Trello, GoTo Meetings, Confluence, Project Workspace, GitHub, Calendar etc.||Confluence|
|Go To Webinar, Online hackfest, face to face meetings, etc.||Storefront|
|Links||RoadMap||Charter Working Space & template ||SAS|
|Team Lead Appointment Process||Project Workspace|
|Engagement Plan Template|
|Member Engagement||Build Engagement Plan to help resolve key resourcing needs||Continue working engagement plan against revised resourcing needs||• Monitor resourcing needs and help resolve any key resourcing needs|
• Plan to engage key resourcing needs for validation activities
|Ensure key validation resourcing needs are met|
|Trigger to start||Strategy Workshop September||Roadmap and Strategy Workshop report have an entry for the project||Charter approval by TM Forum Staff on behalf of SAS||Approval of Charter|
For subsequent iterations (if existing) - completed Member validation for previous iteration
|Team approval to share material beyond development team||End of Validation & start of Corporate Approval|
|Project Input||The activity purposely starts afresh with open questions to ensure the widest breath of potential industry drivers are captured||TM Forum Roadmap including core Frameworx enhancements||Team Approved Draft Charter including resources and member companies required to make project successful||Iterative Project Plan in Trello|
Prior iterations' feedback from members in Confluence
Project contributions from members in Project Workspace
|Standard Draft Deliverables from Project Team||Final deliverables from project team|
• Members/staff may develop suggestions for core Fx enhancements that are input to the TM Forum Strategy Workshop
1. Deliverable in Strategic Program Project Charter which has been approved
Requirements in Project WorkSpace or Change Request in Community space
Model, Document Spreadsheet as appropriate
|Project Process||• TM Forum Strategy Workshop --> Rationalized list Key Forum Priorities --> SAS Approval --> Validated by approx. 20 senior leadership from across TM Forum membership --> wider validation at AW |
• Update Roadmap
-->Draft Project Charter
-->TM Forum Sr. Leadership approval
|• Program Lead - work with member engagement, SAS, etc. to engage the right members into project|
• Project Manager request Project Workspace & ensure team members have access
• Team Lead - Set up detailed project plans
• Team Lead - Establish project mgt cadence
• Project Mgr - facilitates Team Lead's process
• Project Team - identify key companies & resourcing required to make project a success
• Project Team - detail validation plan to ensure successful positioning of materials into industry
• Project Team - identify right type of output to align with consumption needs of target audience
|• Collate material as Contribution or Feedback in Project Workspace|
• Proj Mgr - Create Trello Board with Epics & User Stories from Charter
• Proj Mgr - Create a backlog - all items for the iteration, modifications from prior iterations, incompletes from prior iterations
• Members work on individual aspects/items within the iteration using tools as outlined in Charter
• Proj Mgr - Track work in Trello under following columns: "To do" "Doing" "In Review" "Done" "Risks & Issues"
• At end of iteration, set up review mtg with VP Product Mgt, VP Agile Collab, Tech leads
• On Team approval, save Deliverable in Confluence as "Draft" and copy to Member Validation space
|• Follow validation plan built out in Stage III|
• Ensure final validation requirements (per Project Plan) met,
• Ensure all corporate and affiliate members have been notified for comment and feedback.
• Ensure it has remained open for 14 days.
• Send deliverable for Corporate Approval (Vote)
|• Program Lead and Team work with cross-functional teams to create and publicize appropriate material|
1. Project team and staff leads identify potential Fx enhancments with the Fx team and staff leads and any interested Fx team work stream leads.
1. Model admin provides branch to contributor
All Iterative Validations
Incorporate models/docs into the next release model/docs
Disruptive Project Work Items
1. Identify disruptive work items (eg. Not maintaining backward compatibility, a challenge to migrate to etc)
Build the implementation Plan and/or the Migration Plan
• Validate that the implementation Plan and.or Migration Plan have been exercised as per original intent
|Checklist||All Board members, Exec Committee members, SAS invited to?|
Strategic Plan recorded?
|Is there a base of companies (4-5 min)? |
Is there a champion/sponsor?
IPR mode selected?
All sections of charter filled out clearly & completely?
Key companies identified for member validation?
Resourcing needs & Engagement Plan captured?
|Criteria for defining iterations established?|
Team, Program Lead and Project Manager agree on plan?
Validation Plan resourcing started?
Outputs clearly identified?
|Key roles filled and populated in charter, gaps to be communicated to Project Manager|
Detailed plan in Trello?
Clear definition of 'complete' for each iteration agreed by team?
All outputs in Confluence/Github/JIRA per Charter?
Validation Stage fully resourced including members for key companies?
Outputs use the correct templates?
All feedback/contributions have been worked into deliverable?
|Validation achievements documented? |
Open for 14 days?
Corporate member feedback received?
|Program Lead engaged with Cross-functional teams to produce deliverables to drive adoption?|
|Actors - RACI||• Responsible - VP, Product Mgt |
• Accountable - CDO
• Consult - SAS, Board Members, Executive Committee Members & Program Mgt
• Inform - Wider Membership & Staff
|• Responsible -Team Lead, Program Lead or Project Manager, Team Members|
• Accountable - Team Lead or Program Lead/Project Manager
• Consult - Members interested in the topic, via existing projects / communities
• Consult - Project Manager if IPR mode consensus cannot be attained within 30 days
• Inform - Marketing, SAS, VP Agile Collab, VP R&D, Sponsor
|• Responsible (Team Leader induction) Program Lead|
• Responsible(Project Plan creation) - Team Lead, Program Lead/Project Manager
• Responsible (Team Buildup) - Program Lead, Member Engagement
• Accountable - Project Manager, Team Members
• Consult - Program Lead, Member Engagement, SMEs from R&D team
• Inform - VP Product Mgt, VP Agile Collab, Marketing, Events, Pubs
|• Responsible - Project Manager, team Members|
• Accountable - Team Lead
• Consult - Program Lead
•Inform - VP Product Mgt, VP Agile Collab, Tech Leads
|Responsible - Project Mgr, Team Members|
Accountable - Team Lead, Program Lead
Consult - ME Team, wider members
Inform - Principal contact of all Corp member companies
|Trigger to End||Review and agreement from participants that the Strategic Workshop report is a true reflection on the ideas captured.||Charter Approval by TM Forum Leadership on behalf of SAS||2 weeks before Action Week||Team consensus on iteration definition as outlined in charter is complete||14 days elapsed time|
|Output||• September Strategy Workshop Report |
• October Strategic Session Report
• November Roadmap Draft to SAS
|• Team Approved Draft Charter|
• Engagement plan by Program Lead and Member Engagement to fill out key resources on project
• Validation Plan
• Iterative Project Plan in Trello/Confluence/PWS (Minimum of 1 iteration needed in every cycle)
• Current Iteration detailed plan
• Next iteration high-level plan
• Validation iterations - Prep initiated, where, when, how, who etc.
• Charter update of deliverables for next iteration
|Draft Guide Book, Tech Report, Introductory Guide, API, Model Files, Database, Web content, Video etc.||Comments and changes in Validation Space incorporated into final deliverable or rationale provided for not incorporating||Birst reports on Adoption|
|End of Stage Checkpoint||SAS Roadmap Approval||TM Forum Senior Leadership (PdM, PgM & R&D) approval of Charter on behalf of SAS||Team approval of plan||Team Approval of Draft deliverable||Member Co Approval|
Affiliate Co Approval (if available)