I have been following TMForum APIs activites for last 3 years to adopt in our organization.
I have some questions on how to use this API.
As a software developer, I am not able to understand and create a request payload. All the information required to create a request should come from swagger specs.
- I would like to understand if this is a recommended template or meant to be used as-is.
- Most of the fields are optional except for 'status' and 'statusChangeReason'. Do these two fields provide sufficient information for a carrier to act towards a meaningful resolution to ticket in timely fashion?
- 'id' is optional. So what happens if two customers give the same value for id, let's say 1? In my experience, a resource is created upon a POST request and a resource ID is returned in response.
- What is the significance of 'creationDate'. Don't we know when the request is received at server, what is the request received date and time?
- 'targetResoultionDate': If I am a customer I would like to resolve all my problems yesterday. Why is this an input field, what happens to SLAs?
- 'status': When I am submitting a ticket, can there be any status other than 'submitted'?
- 'statusChangeReason': My service is down and having issues. How do I use this field when submitting a ticket?
- 'statusChangeDate': I don't control the status change. All I know is a problem happend to my service. What status change date should be there in filing a ticket?
- 'relatedParty': This is really vague. Again as a developer how am I supposed to use this field?
- 'relatedObject': details are missing. Is this some identifier I get from service provider to refer the ticket to?
I will be happy to participate towards specifications review if there is such a group.
Thanks for your time and support,