The following document is the specification of the REST API for Product Order Management. It includes the model definition as well as all available operations. Possible actions are creating, updating and retrieving Product Orders.
The Product Ordering API provides a standardized mechanism for placing a product order with all of the necessary order parameters. The API consists of a simple set of operations that interact with CRM/Order Negotiation systems in a consistent manner. A product order is created based on a product offer that is defined in a catalog. The product offer identifies the product or set of products that are available to a customer, and includes characteristics such as pricing, product options and market.
The product order references the product offer and identifies any specific requests made by the customer.
Product Ordering API manages product order resource:
- A Product Order is a type of order which can be used to place an order between a customer and a service provider or between a service provider and a partner and vice versa,
- Main Product Order attributes are its identifier, state, priority category (mass market, Enterprise, etc.) related dates (start, completion, etc.), related billing account, related parties and order items
- Main Order Items (aka order lines) attributes are the ordered offering and product characteristics with the related action to be performed (e.g. add or delete the products), state, location information for delivery.
Product ordering API performs the following operations on Product Order:
- Retrieval of a product order or a collection of product orders depending on filter criteria
- Partial update of a product order (including updating rules)
- Creation of a product order (including default values and creation rules)
- Deletion of product order (for administration purposes)
- Notification of events on product order
- Order creation
- Order removal
- Order state change
- Order value change used to notify that any data in an order has just changed
- Order information required used to notify that some data in the order need to be filled / are missing
The following Assumptions were considered in the development of this document :
- The Order Management system has access to the commercial catalog system.